Co-op Biochemical Engineer/Chemical Engineer/Biochemist/Chemist
Location: Hamilton, ON
Synth-Med Biotechnology is looking for ambitious co-op students to support our R&D program! We seek students who are enthusiastic, willing to learn, and happy to work in a team environment. Roles and responsibilities are dynamic and can change rapidly, but as a biochemistry/chemistry co-op student you will be involved in aspects of the following:
- Synthesis of and characterization of red blood cell based therapeutics.
- Design and development of new applications for red blood cell therapeutics.
- Collaborating with leading scientists at McMaster University in Hamilton, and the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto.
- Collaborating with other members of our R&D team to plan and coordinate feasibility and delivery of future work.
- Ideal candidates will have a background in chemical or biochemical engineering, bioengineering, medical engineering, biotechnology, chemistry or biochemistry and good wet lab skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and some software and programming skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary team environment.
- Bonus points for experience with lipid and membrane-based technologies.
Diversity and Inclusion
Synth-Med Biotechnology aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. We do not tolerate any discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, provincial, or local laws.
In our hiring, we are strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and welcome applications from all and seek qualified candidates who will contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives. The hiring decisions are solely based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.